As the school season kicks back up, we are mobilizing campuses and communities to pull back the curtain on Wendy’s shameful façade of social responsibility and expose the truth behind the tomato that tops a Dave’s Single. The Student/Farmworker Alliance is calling for a national week of action from Oct. 22-28 to demand real transparency and verifiable protections against sexual harassment, forced labor and other human rights abuses in Wendy’s produce supply chain.
Organize a protest, vigil, or flyering event at your local Wendy's to raise awareness about the Boycott and call on the corporation to join the Fair Food Program. Contact us for resources and support.
Start or join a Fair Food Group or Student/Farmworker Alliance Chapter to organize sustained Boycott action in your community or on your campus.
- Deliver a letter to your local Wendy's restaurant manager, asking them to pass it along to those with the power to bring Wendy's into the Fair Food Program.
- Start or join a Boot the Braids campaign on your campus to end contracts between universities and Wendy's. Contact the Student/Farmworker Alliance for more information.
- Take action on social media using the hashtag #BoycottWendys and tagging Wendy's.
- Write a piece for your congregation’s bulletin, email list, or website on the issues facing farmworkers. Contact us for templates and assistance.
Seek endorsement of the Wendy’s Boycott from your organization, congregation, or denomination. You can find a fillable form and complete list of endorsers here. Educate your organization's members and followers about your endorsement.
- Submit a letter to the editor or an op/ed to your local paper to amplify farmworkers’ call for Fair Food. You can download a how-to guide here.
- Organize a Food Chains screening in your community.
- Organize a group to visit Immokalee to meet with farmworkers and witness first-hand the profound changes of the Fair Food Program in workers’ living and working conditions.
- Contact us to arrange for a member of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers to speak to your congregation, campus, or community about the Wendy's Boycott and the ongoing struggle for justice in the fields.
Become a Fair Food Sustainer by committing a monthly financial contribution, in order to support the advancement of farmworkers’ fundamental human rights through the Fair Food Program and the Campaign for Fair Food.
Plan a local fundraiser to pair education about Fair Food and community-building, all while helping sustain the Wendy's Boycott.